Search This Blog

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Miles, Miles, Miles...

Last week was the no frills week.  This week was more of the same, still no frills, but more miles.  In fact, I hit 90 for the first time since last September.  I have to admit, this is one of the worst parts of the training cycle.  Lots of slow, hot and humid miles and not a lot of racing or quality running.  My body is barely getting use to the mileage, not to mention the temps, I am constantly feeling rundown, tired and more often than not , thinking about a nap.  It doesn't last long though, by mid July I start to come around, speeds pick up, I race more and start to feel like my old self again.  The fatigue usually comes back in August, when the combination of big miles and quality take its toll.

This was was week 4 of my 19-week training cycle for Twin Cities Marathon.  I am on schedule, and apart form the aforementioned fatigue, all systems are go.  Looking forward to testing my fitness in July at the Torchlight 5k and the Richard Hoska Mile.  August brings the Como Park Relays then September is Victory10k and City of Lakes.  Here is to staying healthy and embracing the challenges ahead.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment