Search This Blog

Sunday, March 24, 2013

80 Mile Week, 20 Mile Run and a New PR!

It was a big week and and went a long way in giving me that much needed inspiration.  First, it was a big mileage week.  I managed 80 miles for the first time since my last training cycle.  Gotta be honest it felt pretty effortless.  Worked in my normal Tuesday track workout with great success and a pretty nice race, which I will get to in a bit.  Secondly, I managed my first 20 miler of the cycle, so this is finally feeling like marathon training again.  Finally, I was able to cap my week off with the Irish Day 8k in St. Paul and managed to break 30 minutes for the first time (29:46) for a bright and shiny PR.  I've said this before in this blog, but a PR at 51 is incredibly satisfying.  Proof that my best days are still ahead of me, not in the rear view mirror.  Add in a couple of doubles and you've got one helluva week!  Next up is the Get in Gear 10k.  I never thought I would be uttering these words at 51, but after today's performance, I think a sub 37 is within reach.  Really? Did I just say that?

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment