Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2011

First Post!

I've been a runner for most of the last 25 years or so.  Taking time off here and there, but running pretty consistently for fun and fitness.  It's been in the past 5-years or so that I have rediscovered my competitive spirits, moving beyond  simply running and trying to seriously compete.  I've been happy with the results, setting PR's and occasionally placing in my age group.  All good results, but one goal has remained very elusive; the sub 3-hour marathon.  I'm creating this as a journal of what may be my last attempt at sub 3 this fall in the Twin Cities Marathon.  I'm hoping by stating this objective publicly, I will stick with my program and succeed or risk humiliation!  This is day one!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a runner, as you know, but I will enjoy watching you in this project.

    By the way, there is no way you could be humiliated since so many of us are in awe of anyone who attempts, let alone completes, a marathon...regardless of time.

    Still, I wish you great luck and stamina!

    KellyO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! I look forward to reading more and cheering you on :)

    ReplyDelete