Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Fish Oil

Okay, so I did not make a doctor's appointment for the achilles.  I'm doctoring myself.  Calf stretches, lots of ice and FISH OIL. Lots and lots of fish oil.  The bottle says take 3,000 mg per day, so 6,000 is twice as good right?  Just to be safe, I'm taking some extra.  I've been doing this for about 5 days straight and my achilles and my ankles are feeling much better.  I'm not much for taking supplements; I don't take vitamins and I eat what I want to.  This could be just a placebo effect, but I don't care, I'm going to keep taking it.  I hope my wife tells me if I start to smell like a bullhead!I registered for the Get in Gear 10k this Saturday.  I'm really not ready to race, but I want to use this as a quick snapshot of my fitness.  Plus, I'm signed up for Minnesota Distance Running Association's Grand Prix and this is one of the races.  (You only get 3 Mulligans.)  Currently, I'm first in my age group and I want to keep my lead. (10th overall)  I'd be happy with anything under 40 minutes, but we shall see.  I haven't done any type of speed work since my last race in late March.  I plan on running this as a progression run; starting out at 6:30ish and knocking off about 5 seconds per mile, coasting in at about 6:05.  Piece of cake, right?
Lastly, I work at a running store on the week-ends and have become quite a shoe geek.  Can't wait to get my own shiny pair of New Balance 890's.  If I get two more people to try them on I get my very own pair FREE!  So, if you wander into the Eden Prairie Running Room this week-end, don't be surprised if I make you try on a pair.  They are every day trainers, but only weigh about 9 ounces!
Here they are:



I want the green/yellow ones, not the baby blues.
I also want a pair of Saucony Fastwitch.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment