Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fitness Test

I've been battling some Achilles soreness over the past few weeks.  It's been so bad that I've missed quite a few days of running over the past two weeks and have done no speed work since the end of March.  I stepped outside today just to test the Achilles and my general fitness.  After a warm-up mile of 7:13, I clicked off a 6:52, 6:39, 6:43, 6:33, 6:39, and a 6:43 mile before my Achilles showed any signs of soreness or fatigue.  I finished with a jog/run combo and iced when I got home.  I'm feeling pretty good about this run and my current fitness level.  I would say that on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being sub 3-hour marathon level, I'm at about a 4 or 5.  The Achilles worries me a bit, as it's been lingering for some time.  I'm thinking of visiting a physical therapist to look at the Achilles.  Also, my form seems a bit out of whack; even with today's run I felt kind of awkward and clumsy.  Perhaps a visit to the chiropractor is in order for a quick alignment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment