Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Oh Yeah, This is What Marathon Training Feels Like

Pretty good week of running.  My Tuesday and Thursday track work outs continue to be successful.  Tuesday night was 11 miles of tempo work, with an average of 6:44 and the final miles at 6:10 pace.  Thursday night was interval night with 4 x 1 mile with the final two miles at 5:47!  I capped off the week with 18 miles and a well deserved nap this afternoon.  I'm only 3 weeks into this, but it is all coming back to me; how it feels to be in the middle of marathon training.  This could be a long cycle since I'm only up to 70 miles per week and not started two-a-days and already feeling fatigued.  I really need spring to arrive, so I can get back to morning outside running.  All these evening work outs are really messing with my sleep cycles.  Oh yeah, still no theme song!
Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment