Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Is It Racing Season Yet?

I've really been feeling the need to race lately.  Perhaps it's because my training has felt a been a little stale lately and I just need something to shake things up.  Also, I continue to have awesome track workouts on Tuesday nights.  This week after a mile warm up, I did 10 more miles at an average of 6:30!  Awesome!  So, I won't get to truly test out my speed until St Patricks Day week-end when I have a 8k scheduled.  My PR is 30:21 and every year I think I have a sub 30 in me, but I just don't know.  I think I'll shoot for a 30:10 and see if I can close the gap in the last quarter mile.  It's a flat course up and down Summit Avenue, so if the weather is good, I have a shot.

Pretty good week.  Along with my awesome Tuesday run, I'd had my longest run of the year today, 17.5 and kept my streak alive, now at 58 days with an average of 8.2 per day.  My body felt pretty good after the long run, even with the many hills that we endured.  Lastly, I killed a treadmill this week!  It was a recovery run and I was bored, so on the last mile I cranked up the TM higher and higher, when suddenly there was a popping sound, sparks shooting out of the front and then came to a screeching halt.  Cool!  Take that treadmill!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment