Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Work Wins Again

I have an informal war between hours worked per week versus miles ran.  January was handily won by the work hours, defeating miles ran by a margin of 307 to 252.  Things should even out this week and by the end of the month miles ran should be able to turn the tables and be back on top again.  I predict February will be miles ran 270 and miles worked 250.  Regardless of who wins, I'm freakin' exhausted.  The running streak is in tact,  but something has to give pretty soon.  I have to go to work tomorrow, but nothing sounds better than sleeping in, not running, not working, NOT DOING NOTHING!  But, that isn't going to happen, tomorrow is go-live for our new venture.  So I'll get up and put in another 10 to 12 hours and manage to fit in a quick run.

Because of the crazy schedule I have adapted my training.  I don't plan miles anymore.  I get done with a long day and determine how much time I have to run.  I may only have 40 minutes some days, so I try to get in as many miles as possible.  All is good as long as I can get at least 4 miles in and on continue the streak.

Happy Running,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment