Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Grandma's Training Officially Begins

Week 1 of my 19 week training plan began in earnest this week.  Nothing too radical, but I did break the 60 mile barrier for the first time in a long time.  I had a killer run at the track on Tuesday night, where I alternated 6:52 and 6:06 miles for 10 miles.  I was feeling really good and looking forward to my St Paddy's Day race.  I also got in 15 miles today for my first actual long run in over a month.  The mileage will get ramped up here in a hurry and I will soon by doing 15 miles plus every Wednesday.  I hope spring comes early, as I am totally fed up with the track, the treadmill and the Yak Trax.  I did all 15 miles in Yak Trax through ice and snow and my legs really took a beating.  Blech!

My running streak is still in tact, at 50 days and 410 miles total.  My average is just over 8 miles and I am aiming for an average of just under 10 for 2013 for a grand total of 3,500 miles.

Still looking for some motivation or spark to get me fired up about this cycle.  I am still enjoying most of my runs, but the drive just isn't there like I had last summer.  I think I need a theme song!  

Happy Running
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment