Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Still in Search of Motivation

Getting back into a groove for this training cycle is proving to be much more difficult that I thought.  Things aren't all bad, I'm doing the mileage and hitting all the paces on my workouts, but there just is no spark.  I'm kinda enjoying most of my runs, but that extra bit of drive is just not there.  Maybe it's the weather and too much time on the track and treadmill or maybe it's the lack of racing or maybe I'm just getting too damn old for this stuff...  I'm through 4 weeks of 19 and physically everything is in order, but  I just know that with this mindset, I won't be able to make through another 15 weeks of work outs.  This week I will start moving my workouts to the morning and a double in on Mondays and Wednesdays.  That and a Sunday race may just be the thing to break out of this mental rut.  Hey, a new 8k PR would sure hit the spot.

I normally listen to more uptempo, driving stuff on my long runs, but found myself  "shoe-gazing" to some M83 to the first half of my run this morning.  This one seemed particularly poignant.  Here it is:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=lAwYodrBr2Q&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlAwYodrBr2Q

Happy (Introspective) Running,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment