Search This Blog

Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's All Coming Back

I've been bemoaning the fact that I have had no motivation or inspiration over the past few weeks.  I nail most of my work outs, but there is just no fire in the belly.  I think I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm better off this way and to go out my business with workman like discipline and effort.  Not every run is a fist pumping, Rocky-inspired victory lap.  Those will come, but that really isn't the reason I run anyway.  I depend on the structure and the discipline, which allow me to cope with some of the sheer craziness around me.  This weeks running and training was anything but boring.  Was it life changing, no, but I felt comfortable with where I am at and managed some pretty damn good work outs in the process.  Fit in my first double in a very long time and am once again flirting with 80 miles per week.  Hell, I feel like I can thrown down a pretty decent 18 mile GA run anytime or anywhere.  Pretty good place for an old guy to be.

Still very few signs of spring, not even those smug, weirdos on their recumbent bikes hogging up the trails.  This winter has been so bad, I even welcome these guys back, anything that tells me that this winter is in the rear view mirror.  But instead, we have a winter storm warning for the next two days.  Blech, make it stop!

Finally, congrats to fellow sub 3 wannabe (now 2:58 marathon guy) Oleg, who broke 3 hours today in L.A.  Well done sir, you put in the miles and it finally paid off!

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment