Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Yeoman's Work

The big mileage weeks continue.  Again, nothing fancy, nothing fast, just simple, good old-fashioned hard work.  It looked a lot like last week, but my Tuesday progression was noticeably faster and I threw in a 6:20 mile at the end of my 12 miles of hills.  Otherwise, I was pretty much south of 7mph for most of my running.  Today I ran 21 plus and didn't/couldn't break 8:30 pace.  It was like running in the jungle with the extremely high dew point.  I am just glad I got through it.  I did tack on some cheap tenths at the end, just so I could break 90 for the week.

Next week, I take a step back, race on Wednesday and then go on a camping trip, where I can do some nice leisurely trail running.  Things get serious starting on the 26th with the Torchlight 5k, which leads up to the Como Park Relays, which are every Wednesday night n August.  Best value in the Twin Cities.  $3.00 for a timed cross country relay event!  What a fine tradition.  I think this is 50 years.

Congratulations to my daughter on competing her first 16 miler.  She is well on her way to a solid finish at Twin Cities Marathon!

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment