Search This Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2014

T-Minus 11 Weeks!

Wow, the summer is flying by!  It certainly has been ideal running weather, so far.  Early morning temps in the 50's and 60's are a real luxury.  With the exception of Monday, this coming week looks to be more of the same.

I slightly increased mileage this week, maxing out at 94.4, but ran some real quality runs.  I am going to attempt a sub 1:30 half marathon every Tuesday morning; this weeks attempt came in at 1:33, so I have some work to do.  It's hard to get those legs moving at 5:20 am!  My last few miles were at around 6:30 pace, so it takes a little time to get everything loosened up, but the speed is there.  Second quality run was Friday's 10 miler, where I threw in 5x 1 mile intervals at 6:15 pace.  I hope to have those down to 6 flat by mid September.  Capped off the week with a 21 plus long run, which was very slow and because of the high mileage and my legs were toast.

I need to rest up and run easy the next few days, so I am ready for the Torchlight 5k indowntown Minneapolis on Wednesday night.  This should be fun, starts at the Basilica and ends at the Stone Arch Bridge, with free beer!  Hoping for a sub 18 finish.

August will be a busy racing month, with the Como Park Relays every Wednesday and the MDRA 15k.  Can't wait to get this started!

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment