Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Easier Said than Done

I had every intention of adding some in some real quality this week, I mean I had this 90-miles per-week thing down pat, so it shouldn't be too tough, right?  Things started out pretty well on Wednesday with the first test, the Aquatennial Torchlight 5k.  It was a beautiful night in downtown Minneapolis, so me and 6,000 other people lined up to race the parade route.  I was ready to race, but after a few strides, I experienced a wardrobe malfunction.  The elastic in the liner of my favorite racing shorts gave out.  Keep in mind these are short shorts and it was very difficult to focus on  racing, when I was worried about flashing thousands of people along the parade route.  All went well and I even finished with a decent time of 18:09.  I still wanted to work in a progression run, but both attempts on Thursday and Friday were major fails.  The best I could do was a mile or two at marathon pace.  I did bounce back nicely on Saturday with a 20 mile plus run in the humidity, mile 20 being the fastest of the bunch!  So finished the week over 90 miles again and since I ran my long run Saturday, I had a 7 day stretch with 101.4 miles!  So, lets get rested up and work in some real quality this week.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment