Search This Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2014

No Frills Week

This week was simply a mileage week.  I had no races or planned quality runs, but just tried to log as many miles as possible without hurting myself.  That was a challenge, because just finding a small window to get outside when we were not being thrashed with crazy thunderstorms, was surprisingly difficult.  I was doing 9 on Wednesday morning, the weather radar said I was good until 8, but the last 30 minutes was in a torrential downpour, with lightening strikes all around.  Streets were flooded and I was getting kind of freaked out.  Made it home safe, but some folks in the neighborhood are now probably questioning my sanity.

So, the mileage total was 86.4, and included in that was a 12 mile tempo/progression run, some hills on Thursday and a 19.16 miler today, which was my longest run since October.  Everything feels pretty good, but I don't think I could have raced well if I needed to.  I plan on resting up and adding a bit more quality this week, probably some much needed hill sprints.  Lets hope the weather holds out!

No racing until July, when I have the Torchlight 5k and the Richard Hoska Mile.     

Congrats to all the Grandma's runners.  Sounds like weather wise it was another winner.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment