Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Slight Stumble Out of the Gate

Week one is complete and I was fired up and looking forward to a big, eventful week.  I was going to nail a 5k PR, hit my first 80 mile week and generally start things off with a bang.  The 5k went well (18:08) but that was 20 seconds off last year.  I am guessing my low mileage and the 94% humidity had something to do with it.  I went out fast (5:45) but suffered a big fade, running a 6:03 mile 3.  The mileage goal was not achieved either, despite 4 days with double digit runs and a 17 miler Sunday.  A Wednesday business trip destroyed and entire day; leaving my house at 5:30 am and returning 10 PM, all for a 3 hour meeting!  Oh well, there is plenty of time for big miles.

Only one race scheduled for June so far.  The USATF mile at Hamline is next Sunday, which is the replacement for the storm cancelled TCMile in May.  Running on the track should be fun.  Make way for us old guys!  Need to find another race or two to round of June.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment