Search This Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Now That is More Like It

I finally made it, my first 80 mile week since September of last year!  Throw in a quality run on Tuesday, hill-sprints on Thursday and a 1-mile race today and you have yourself one helluva a week.  My body held up well, thanks to the slow and gradual build-up, I got plenty of sleep and I feel ready to do it all over again this week!  I still need to find a race this month, just to test my fitness.  A fast, flat 10k course would be nice.

The mile race today was the USATF Mile Championships at Hamline University.  I was in heat number #4 and finished with a 5:16.  I was in a relatively fast group, so had some people to chase won.  Felt good enough to pass 3 or 4 guys on the back straight, but did not have enough to catch my two speedy teammates.  Well done guys!

I was reading through some old posts and saw that it was 4 years ago this week, that I ran the Minneapolis Marathon.  The time of 3:17 was not significant, the comments I made about the race were.  I had my first marathon with a negative split.  In fact, mile 26 was the fastest mile of the race.  This was the breakthrough I was looking for after numerous crash and burn performances.  Post- race I was excited, rejuvenated and ready for more.  So happy that 4 years later I feel the same way.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment