Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Week One Is History

Week one is complete and a successful one at that.  Kicking off the training cycle with an 18:36 5K on Monday and finishing with a relaxed and almost effortless 17 miler this morning.  Lots of easy miles in between for a total of 70 for the week.  As I have said before, if I can stay healthy for the entire cycle I will average about 75 miles per week.  By far the most mileage ever posted during any of my previous training cycles.  I'm enjoying my long, easy runs again.  Looking at my training logs from last year, I couldn't find one run all summer and fall that was slower than 7:45; no wonder my legs felt tired.  Almost all my miles over the past weeks have hovered around the 8:10 mark.  I had some pop left in my legs for the second half of my long run today.  It's only one week, but I am feeling pretty good.
I found a motivational speaker that has really got my fired up for the training cycle.  I'm not usually into this sort of thing, but this particular speaker has it all; enthusiasm, confidence and really speaks the truth.  His grammar needs a little work, but who cares.  Click on the link below for a video of this speaker.  I just substitute "ride a bike" with "run a sub 3 marathon."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYoBAzc8QO8&feature=player_embedded
Also, just for Chuck W. (if you read this) here was my play list for today's long run.  I call it "My Play list that Bruce Dressen would Hate!"
Biffy Clyro - Many of Horror
LCD Soundsystem - Dance Yrself Clean
Nirvana - Floyd the Barber
Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
Grouplove - Getaway Car
Girl Talk - Don't Stop (This would be one of Drez' favorites)
Beastie Boys - Mulilateral Nuclear Disarmament
Sam Means - Yeah Yeah
Nirvana - School
Cake - Walk on By
Nirvana - Blew
Girls - Heartbreaker
Madonna - Like a Prayer (yes, I admit to that)
Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise
The Black Keys - Sinister Kid
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Part 1
Girls - Substance
Information Society - Whats on your Mind (Pure Energy)  corny yes, but a good tune
Matt and Kim - Block after Block
Mott the Hoople - Sucker
The Flaming Lips - Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell (One of my favorite song titles of all times)
Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment