Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mr. Giddy, meet Mr. Reality

So anyway, last week I proclaimed how I was feeling downright giddy about my running.  I think I said I was prancing through a field of Daffodils or something to that effect..  Well, so far this week, Mr. Reality has given a swift backhand to Mr. Giddy.  Sore IT Band, Plantar Faciaitis flairs and some general fatigue, all contributed to the demise of Sir Giddy.  I'm feeling better today, but yesterday I coasted through the day feeling like a Zombie!  A good dose of reality can be a good thing.  I looked back at my training log over the past month and realized I haven't taken a day off running since the middle of May.  I still haven't planned a day off, but I did forego my double run yesterday.  This morning's recovery run was more of a shuffle, and after a good nights sleep tonight I should be ready to tackle my 13-miler tomorrow.  Don't worry, Mr. Giddy is not down for the count; I'll be back to the Daffodil field in no time.


Happy Running!

1 comment:

  1. You have the right attitude. Like an ultramarathoner, you gotta think that things may get better.

    ReplyDelete