Search This Blog

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Tune Up Number Two

Bit of a cutback week as I enjoyed a little mini-taper for tune up race number two.  Like past weeks, it took most of the week to recover from the week end's efforts.  Also, the weather took a turn for the worst with temps in the teens, ice and snow and very low windchills.  Much more January-like than mid-November.  Race morning was 9 degrees, but thankfully the wind had died down.  I was concerned about ice and snow on the course, with snow and ice falling on Wednesday night.  My concerns were realized on race morning when I found out most of the race took place on sidewalks around the school, which were snow covered and icy in many places.  I thought I might beat my last race's time, but it was hard to find a rhythm on such a course, so I finished in 20:51.  Second again in my age group so I missed out winning a turkey.

Decided to buy some Yak Trac for Sunday's run which slowed me down, but at least kept me upright. Final distance was a tenth less than last week, but did have some gas at the end. I have to admit it was quite a shock to go from nice fall weather right into the heart of February kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment