Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Ready for Next Phase?

As I wind down in preparation for my goal race next week, I got to thinking about the next mileage goal.  The plan was to be comfortably running 50 plus mile weeks, so I could build on that going into 2019.  But, as in all my cycles since 2016, 50 miles seems to be a impenetrable barrier rather than a spring board to bigger and better (and faster) things.  To be perfectly honest, it's much more of a mental wall rather than a physical one.  Its hard to get up early and sometimes harder to run after work.  There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.

So, what to do to get things right again.  Let's start with better sleep.  Too often I fall asleep watching TV, waking up at 2 am and try to settle back down.  Need to eat dinner earlier, watch a little TV and be ready and in bed before 10.  If I can manage this most nights, breaking the 60 mile week barrier will be possible.  

Goal race is Thursday, so its lots of rest on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  Weather looks good, so going to be going for it.  Looking forward to completing step 1 in getting back to sub-3 hour shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment