Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Ely Marathon

This will probably be the most anti-climatic post after a marathon that I will ever post.  Not because it did'nt go well because it went perfectly fine.  Problem is I really don't know how I feel about it.  I didn't really have high expectations because I only averaged about 45 miles per week and much less than that over thw past 2 years or so.  I really struggled with how much pain I was willing to endure just to finish a marathon and not race it.  I'm okay with a 3:55 finish, but don't really feel like celebrating it.

What I do feel like celebrating is my son's completion of the same race.  Two years ago it was heroin, meth and alcohol and now he is running a Marathon, finishing in under 3:50 and getting a 6 minute negative split.  Well done!

Happy Running!
Rixk

No comments:

Post a Comment