Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Recovery Week

Well, racing on Saturday followed by Old Excelsior and Sparrow Road as part of my long run on Sunday, really took its toll on me, even with a day off on Monday.  I got up early Tuesday to complete my track work out, which consisted of 2 x 1,200m and 2 x 800m all at below goal 5k pace.  I barely got any of them even close to sub 6:30 pace, as the body felt heavy and joints felt beat up.  Mentally it was not there either.  I followed up with an early wake up call on Wednesday as well, with plans to run an easy 10 miles, but I could only muster 8ish and most of that was sub 9.  Hips felt incredibly tight and I was not loosening up in the later miles.   After a good night's sleep and some vitamins, and a Thursday recovery run, Friday included a respectable progression run getting into sub 8 territory.  I followed that up with 10ish on Saturday at 8:10 pace and 12 x 100m repeats. Finished off the week with my usual Sunday 2-hour hill, adding a half mile more than last week.   Recovery happens, just takes twice as long!

No comments:

Post a Comment