Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Boston Marathon - Week 7/19 - Time to Get Serious

It is hard to believe I am already 7 weeks into this training cycle.  It has gone really well so far and I am right where I need to be heading into the important 12 weeks remaining.  I am hitting my quality runs and I am poised to comfortably get into some 90 mile weeks through February and March.

This week I managed 84 miles with a decent quality track work out Tuesday, where I ran 11 miles with 8 under 6:30 and 6 of those 8 under 6:20.  Friday night on the treadmill, I did a couple of mini progression runs, getting down to 6:10 pace, then finished off the week with an easy 20-miler on Saturday and 11 easy on Sunday.  Outside the normal amount of fatigue, the body is holding up pretty well.

The plan for this week is to run about 85 miles, which may be tricky with a full work schedule, but the if weather will cooperate, I should be able to get some long morning runs in, leaving me to work late.  I am racing the Securian Half Marathon Saturday, which will provide a much needed fitness test.  I am hoping for a sun 1:26 effort, which while a long way from 2:50 shape, at least will tell me I am heading in the right direction.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment