Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Boston Marathon Week 4/19. Ringing in the New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Another successful week of training, nailing my mileage goals and also a great track workout on Tuesday.

I ran everyday and since I am in the 70 plus mile range, have added two-a-days into my regimen.  Monday and Wednesday are my double days where I run a very easy recovery in the morning with Huey, my dog, then follow up with a 6 to 7 mile easy in the evening.  Works great for recovery.  Tuesday I headed to the track where I ran 10 miles at an average pace of 6:58 with the final 6 miles at 6:50, 6:40, 6:35, 6:30, 6:25 and 6:20.  Felt great, but have to admit to feeling pretty beat up Wednesday morning.  Managed a lighter version of Tuesday's run on Thursday then completed back to back to back double digit runs with 10 on Friday, 13 on Saturday and 11 more on Sunday to finish the week.

The new year brings the formal part of my plan, where I will move to the 80 to 90 mile weeks and continue to build on the quality already introduced.  The grind begins, but I just keep telling myself, This is Boston!  Time to get busy!

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment