Search This Blog

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Yo-Yo Training Cycle Continues

I have been trying to string together some consistent weeks, but just as I have a good week, something seems to get in the way the following week.  This was a good week, logging over 97 miles including the Como Park Relays on Wednesday, a pretty good progression run on Friday then finishing up the week with 17 miles on Saturday and over 24 miles on Sunday.  Both runs were pretty slow, but good heat and humidity training.  Now the test is to put together another week just like it.

Looking forward to another week of Como Park Relays and the MDRA 15k on Sunday.  Last year I ran this race in under an hour, so I will be using as a fitness test.  I am thinking that if I can't finish this race in close to 59 minutes or complete the City of Lakes Half Marathon in under 1:20, then I really don't have a shot of running Twin Cities Marathon in under 2:50.

Important weeks coming up.  35 days of very high mileage and plenty of racing.  Let's hope everything holds up!

No comments:

Post a Comment