Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Toughest Week in a Long Time

Well, the plan was to build off my 93 mile week from last week, but my body and circumstances had other plans.  I was still feeling fatigued on Monday from the last big week, but I did manage to get in my recovery runs of 4 and 8.  There were severe thunderstorms ripping though my neighborhood Tuesday morning and I overslept, so my planned 13 mile progression got split in to two 6 mile progression runs both from 9 minute to 6:30.  Both felt horrible.  They felt horrible, because I was still fatigued and I also had caught some 24 hour bug/food poisoning thingy that had me in the bathroom from Tuesday evening until Wednesday noon.  Needless to say I missed my Wednesday doubles and a chance to add about 14 miles to my total mileage.  Still felt wobbly on Thursday, so just did two 4-mile recovery runs with the dog.  Wanting to shake the remnants of my malady from my system, I ventured off to the Minnetonka High School track on Friday morning.  Completed 11 miles including an interval ladder of 200m, 400m, 800m and 1,600m then back down again.  All of them slower than hell and everything felt clunky.  Finished up the week with 13 miles easy with the Williston group, and 5-hours at Valleyfair, riding roller coasters and almost wetting my pants riding Steel Venom, then got up early to slog through 20 on Sunday.  Finished with 77 miles and I felt like I had fight for every mile.  I wish I could say I enjoyed myself running this week, but that would be a lie.  On Thursday I seriously wanted to throw all my running gear in the trash heap and crawl into a hole.  My daughter then reminded me that I have said that every August for the last 4-years!

Here is to a better and more enjoyable week ahead.  Looking forward to the Como Park Relays on Wednesday night and the MDRA 15k in a couple of weeks.  Also, my daughter is flirting with her first 16 miler of the season, which means a frozen yogurt gluttonfest at Cherry Berry!  Yes, it's time to put this week behind me and make this last 8 weeks count!

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment