Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Back on Track

The Achilles felt normal this week, but I did have to work around another work trip, which sent me to Miami for most of the week.  South Florida in mid August is much worse than south Florida in July.  I would go out for a run at 6:30 am and it was already/still 84 degrees with a dew point over 76.  I really had trouble breathing, so I kept the runs short and easy and save the quality runs for the treadmill.  I was sorry to see that I was missing all the cool August weather happening in Minnesota.

Outside of two progression runs, I ran a lot of easy miles, logging 80 plus for the week.  I think the 80 to 90 range is perfect for me.  Giving me enough stimulus to improve without leaving me feeling fatigued, beat up, and injured.  I think a couple more weeks of 90 miles should just about do it.  Then 2 weeks in the low 80's and finish up with the taper.

Achilles feels normal.  I didn't run very fast, but I did spend over 6 hours on my feet running this week end.  I pace the Williston group on a 16 miler Saturday and paced my daughter on a 20 miler today.  The "time on my feet" strategy has worked before, it can work again.  As I said, I didn't run fast, but legs sure feel it!

Best,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment