Search This Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Race Week!

I am looking forward to racing this week.  I've been disciplined about piling on the mileage and now is time cut loose a little.  I ran 7 easy this morning and hope to have relatively fresh legs for tomorrow's Victory 10K.  A sub 37:30 would be nice, to beat last year's time of 37:15 would be great and a sub 37 would be awesome.  The rest of the week will be devoted to maintenance mileage because I get to race again on Sunday.  The City of Lakes Half Marathon in next on the docket.  This race was normally a 25k and always been hit or miss for me.  Last year it was good, running sub 1:40, but the year before I averaged 6:55 pace.  I would like to run a 1:22 for the half.

I logged 85.5 miles this week, which puts me just short of 400 miles for August.  I may go out for an easy recovery jog tonight, just to put me over!  Not much quality to speak of, the last of the Como Park Relays were Wednesday night and my contribution was not good.  My mile splits were 6:19, 6:11, 6:07 and 6:12.  Yikes.  I did a light progression run on Tuesday, and 9x600m hills on Friday and paced my daughter to a 20 miler on Thursday night.  We had a great time and it is always fun to run in Minneapolis after sundown.  It really is a beautiful city.  Well-done Malena!

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment