Search This Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Eventful Week!

I nailed another high mileage week, adding another 94.2 to my growing total.  Not a ton of quality, but it felt pretty effortless which a really good sign.

I ran the Como Park Relays again this past Wednesday.  This week was 6 x 1 mile and my partner and I ran all of them between 5:59 and 6:12.  My splits were 6:09, 6:02 and 6:01.  As I said last week, this is a tough course, not all that hilly, but really lumpy.  I never feel secure and the last thing I want to do is turn my ankle this far into my marathon training.  I enjoyed some watermelon and cookies with my Wednesday night running pals.  A really nice evening.

My daughter had a rough go of it last week during her long run, so I volunteered my services as pace monkey for her first 20 miler this week.  She nailed it!  We had to get up at 4:30 am and were out the door by 4:45.  It was a beautiful morning and outside of an emergency bathroom break and a frantic cross country trek over a scary looking railroad trestle, it all went according to plan!  Well done, young lady!

I also had a running/camping trip planned.  I simply locate an interesting campsite, set up camp and run as much as possible.  53 miles of week-end running!  Bam!

I really feel the need to focus on some quality this coming week.  Como Park Relays are 10x 1k, I plan on running a 1:30 half at some point this week, then finish off my weekly 20 miler with a handfuls of miles at MP.  Not sure how many, I have to see how my body feels.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment