Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Hay is in the Barn...

Well, lets hope that I'm not a few bales short! The hay metaphor seems appropriate, growing up as a farm kid, we spent the summer filling up the barn with bales of hay. In the case of long distance running, the training is complete and now only three weeks of taper and tune up stands between me and my sub 3 effort in Des Moines on October 21st. I have to say, I sure have baled a lot of frickin' hay! I have averaged over 83 miles per week for 17 weeks and have not missed a day since May 9th. I have logged 10 runs of 20 miles or more and countless mid-week medium long runs of 13 or more. I have done at least two doubles every week and set a weekly mileage PR of 96 miles. I set PR's in the half-marathon (1:24:40) and the 5k (18:09) and ran an effortless 6:44 pace at the City of Lakes 25k a few weeks ago. So, the hay is in the barn, in fact the barn is bursting at the seams. Hey, I still gotta run this thing, but if I can't make it with this training cycle under my belt, I don't know what else I could have done differently. Anyway, here's to an awesome traing effort and looking forward to a 2:59:59 marathon. Happy Running! Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment