Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lookin' for a Breakthrough

Another full week of running and a little bit more racing, nothing too bad and nothing too good either. It's that time in the training cycle where one expects a breakthrough race or training run. That hasn't happened, which honestly has me a bit concerned. I guess I should be happy that I am able to complete all my workouts and do well in my races, but I want some indication that I have reached another level. Maybe I am a bit spoiled after last years training, when I set PR's in 3 distances. What I'm thinking is that I have pretty much maxed out my abilities right now and am really just working around the edges. I'm only looking for a 2.5 minute improvement in my marathon time, so a "breakthrough" will be hard to detect at this point. Raced the Old Sod Days 8k on Saturday. I won the race, but there was only two of us running, so not a big deal. I did manage a 30:39 time which is respectable considering I ran a 5:54 first mile then faced a nasty headwind on the way back. It was my hometown's 125th city celebration and it appeared to be a successful event. They had 430 folks turn up for the all school reunion, which for a town of only 400 people is pretty impressive. Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment