Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

One Last Blast of High Mileage

I am finally into my last training mesocycle, which includS one more week of mileage in 90's and then the taper begins. After backing off last week, I edged the miles back into the high 80's which included some 1 mile intervals on Tuesday, 20 miles total on Wednesday, a 12 mile progression run on Friday and an awesome 20 miler today, which felt very easy and fluid, with the last few miles under marthon pace. (about 6:45). The weather this morning was beautiful and I hope this is the kind of temps I get on race day. My Pfitzinger plan for this week is a monster. I run 10 easy tomorrow, a 6x1200 meters at 5k pace on track work out on Tuesday, 15 miles on Wednesday morning and 5 Wednesday evening. I get a break on Thursday, but back at it with 12 on Friday and 22 on Sunday. I'm kinda looking forward to it! Bring on mesocycle V! Happy Running! Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment