Search This Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2012

An Exclamation Point at the End of Final Cycle

This week was a cut back week before the final weeks of taper.  It was not cakewalk, with some nice speed work on Tuesday, the usual double on Wednesday and finally my plan called for a tune up race on Saturday.  I found a very small 10k near my house at Groveland Elementary in Minnetonka.  It was a cold breezy morning and the course was a lot do rolling hills, so I wasn't sure what to expect.  I went out fast and the legs felt pretty good.  I was in the lead after the first half mile and stayed there for the entire race.  In spite of missing a couple of turns, which probably cost me about 10 to 15 seconds, I still managed a sub 38 (37:55) and missed a PR by only 10 seconds.  I have to admit this was a big confidence boost going into the taper.  I ran an easy 17 today on post race legs and all is A-Ok.


Congrats to all who ran phenomenal times in Chicago and Twin Cities today. (You know who you are!). Ideal conditions, which I hope are duplicated in Des Moines in a couple of weeks.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment