Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Dodging a Bullet

I was wrapping up the taper week with a nice relaxed Saturday morning run, when suddenly I felt a twang in the middle of my back.  Not too bad at first, but about 20 feet further there was a double twang and an acute pain in my ribs.  Of course my first thought is that this really can't be happening!  My ribs hurt so bad, it was difficult to breathe.  Soooo, I walk back home and basically start freaking out. Well, I spent next 24 hours pretty much attached to a heating pad and I am happy to report that I went for a comfortable 10 miler this afternoon and was pain free.  My back is a little tight as I type, but I do believe that all systems are go.

One week now until go time and I have done all that I can to make this sub 3 thing a reality.  The next blog I write should be a race report outlining a pacing plan carried out to perfection.  I'm very excited for race day and to find out if I got what it takes.

Happy Running!
Rick

1 comment: