Search This Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2011

No Turkey Trot for me...

Not only did I not participate in a local Turkey Trot this Thanksgiving, I did not run at all Thursday.  I was feeling particularly lazy on Thursday, so I decided to give my body a well deserved rest.  I didn't get my planned 3 naps in, but it was a good, relaxing day nonetheless.  It was a good running week all in all, including some pretty good speedwork along with an enjoyable trail run tonight.  I decided to drive to Highland Park and get lost on one of the many trails there.  I was completely disoriented and had to resort to checking with my trusty Garmin.  In fact, I discovered a feature that I didn't know was there; its called "Back to Start."  I just pushed the button and my watch would tell me where and when to turn.  Its not like I was lost in the wilderness, but a cool feature regardless.  An electronic trail of bread crumbs if you will...  I'm really enjoying my night time runs; in fact they seem to be getting later and later.  I'm kinda wondering what it would be like to do a few midnight, winter runs.  I like the solitude.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment