Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Inside-Outside Morning-Evening?

It was a week of strange combinations for me.  I usually a morning-outside runner, but since turning 50 my ability to drag my butt out the door in cold weather has considerably decreased.  Also, since this was the first week of my planned speed-work I thought it best to move in doors.  I did a couple of morning runs, but mixed it up with some evening runs as well.  Strap on the head-lamp and make the best of it.  I did manage to get some speed work in, but fell a little short of my goals.  Monday night, I attempted to do 8x400 meters outside; with it getting dark so early I never felt comfortable opening it up and only managed 1:20 to 1:25 pace.  Thursday night on the treadmill I ran 2x2400M at about 6:20 pace and Friday night, again with the treadmill, I ran 3x1miles at 6:04, 5:59 and 5:52, which I felt was the best run of the week.  I've felt a little run down this week, maybe its the weather, but I'm thinkin' I need an iron supplement.  Tonight was my "fun-run."  It was a beautiful night, 17 degrees and the first snowfall.  I put on my headlamp and did 7.5 miles of very slow (plodding actually) trail running.  The combination of the temp, wooded trails, snow pack, headlamp and M83 on my MP3 player made it a pretty amazing run.  I love it when that happens.  You go out feeling kinda tired and mopey and it turns into the best run of the week.  Running is funny that way.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment