Search This Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Winter Running as an Old Guy

Winter running has always provided its challenges.  The cold, the wind, the ice and don't forget the darkness.  At 57, these challenges seem that much worse, especially when trying to mount a comeback.  Sure I can run inside, which I did this week, but that means running after work, which then means running the next morning, always a challenge when its dark and single digit temps.

So I say all this because I fell way short of my mileage goal of 57 miles.  Managed only 43 miles because of two days where I only could muster a 30 minute jog with my hound, Huey.  Not all was lost.  My 1 hour track workout was a success and my Sunday Sparrow Road run was a new record of 14.1 miles.  Maybe extra time off is okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment