Search This Blog

Sunday, May 3, 2015

It's Still There

Had a bit of a pleasant surprise this week end.  I raced the Jump To It 10k Saturday and came within two seconds of breaking 38 minutes.  I was concerned that with my lack of quality running and the countless miles at a very easy pace over the past months would have caused me to lose fitness and somehow soften my resolve.  The 6:07 pace felt pretty good and natural, in fact I cranked out the last mile in 5:58.  It was a flat course and it was a perfect morning, but I will take it.  Curious now to see what will happen to that 10k time after a full training cycle.  Let's not give up on them PR's just yet!

The mileage challenge for May has been set; 300 plus miles or else.  I have been very deliberate in my mileage increase so far this year, perhaps a little too cautious, and it is time to cut loose a bit.

Next race is the TC Mile in downtown Minneapolis.  Nothing like an all out drag race down Hennepin Avenue to get the blood pumping and those competitive juices flowing.

Boston Marathon Fun Fact - I want to meet Bennett Beach; he has run 46 consecutive Boston Marathons, with a PR of 2:27:26 in 1981.

Lastly, congrats to Malena Larsen who raced her first 10k and despite getting lost, still met her goal and placed first in her age group!  Well done!

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment