Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mile Not MILES Week

I continue my slow build of mileage. As I mentioned last week, I was being a bit too deliberate and cautious, so I forced myself to run plus 70 miles this week.  Not much quality to speak of, but after Saturday's race, this old body needed a rest.  Racing continues this week on Thursday with the TC Mile in downtown Minneapolis.  New course this year, a simple drag race down Hennepin Avenue.  I think I can break 5:30 if the weather is decent.

The following week the mileage build continues; I will run an easy long run on Saturday with the Williston crew, then follow up with the 5th race of the Grand Prix Series, the MDRA Mississippi  10-miler.  I should be closer to 80 miles that week.

Congrats to Kurt Jewell for getting his Boston qualifying time in Fargo yesterday.  Looks like I will have someone to train with for 2016 Boston!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment