Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 Review and 2015 Goals

I am very thankful for another pretty successful running year.  Most importantly, I knocked off a couple goals, stayed healthy and enjoyed every minute of it.  Here are a few specific highlights:

  • Set a PR in the mile with a 5:17
  • Set a PR in the 5k with a 17:35 on my 53rd birthday
  • Set a PR in the HM with a 1:21:22
  • Set a PR in the FM with a 2:53:58
  • Set a total mileage PR, ending up just short of 3,300 miles
  • Came in 5th in the Minnesota ROY standing
I also was able to coach my daughter to a successful first-time marathon.  It was my favorite highlight of the year.  Seeing her cross the finish line at Twin Cities with a big smile on her face and knowing that I had a small part in her success was great.

2015 will be a tough year to set goals.  I think I am pretty maxed out at most distances.  I am fairly certain I don't want to add miles and also pretty sure my body would rebel.  So, what's next?  I think I have one more marathon PR left in me, so the Moose Mug (running 2 hours plus your age) is still compelling, but I may sacrifice the mug and risk a blow up by really going for it and trying to break 2:50 this fall.  If I can stay healthy and get the miles in, I think I have a shot.

As far as the mile training goes, because of the most recent circumstances, the holidays and the track being closed, I haven't done the quality or quantity of running to maintain, let alone build on any fitness.  I think I can still run a decent mile, but a PR is not likely and anything even close to sub 5 is out of the question.

Happy Running,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment