Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Time to Start the Weather Stalking!

Never am I so acutely tuned in to the weather forecast then the two weeks before Twin Cities Marathon.  We have been blessed to with amazing weather the last two years, and this summer in general has been very kind to us runners.  You then start to think, that's somethings got to give.  The extended forecast says 38 for a low and 53 for a high and sunny, which if calm would be an almost perfect day.  Well, I will be wearing out the refresh button over the next two weeks, agonizing over every weather detail.

The taper began for me about 30 minutes ago.  I just finished up an easy 17 miler today which capped off a cut back week of about 76 miles.  A little less than planned, but I had to scrub a recovery run early in the week.  I had a craptastic track workout on Tuesday.  The plan was to run 6x800 meters at 5k pace, but was unable to break 3 minutes on any of them.  It's almost impossible to get this old body moving at 5am.  I did redeem myself however on Saturday, running a 17:59 5k at Eden Prairie HS.  Good enough for 2nd place overall, 1st place AG and $50.00 to boot!  

Well, the mileage is in, the tune-up races are complete, it's now time for the taper do work it's magical powers!  

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment