Search This Blog

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Training Cycle Recap

It was kind of an unconventional training cycle for me.  I am used to a full 18 plus week cycle, but because of the timing of Grandma's and my back issues in July, I barely had 12 weeks of quality training.  16 weeks prior I did manage an 85 mile week, but then the back went wonky and ran in the low 30's for a couple of weeks, not hitting high mileage again until 12 weeks out.  From that point I managed to successfully complete 7 consecutive weeks of 90 to 95 miles.  I replaced a lot of the quality work outs with more racing.  It wasn't a great season for PR's, but I did mange a 5:18 mile, a 36:42 10k and the big confidence booster, a 1:39:52 25k.  I stayed pretty healthy, outside of the back issues, which have been taken care with the intense physical therapy sessions.  My right hip is a little wonky, but I am not too worried about it.  A week of rest and lots of sleep should get me to the starting line in pretty good shape.  

This will be 12th Twin Cities Marathon and am pretty excited about my chances for running a sub 3 for the first time here.   Of course a new PR would be pretty sweet and a 2:55 would be even sweeter, but I know this course well and the second half can be pretty tough.  Can't wait to see what I got!

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment