Search This Blog

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Only Six Weeks until Go Time

Another big mileage week for me and I think my body is getting use to 90 plus mile weeks.  I find if do lots of doubles, get one MLR on Wednesday and the typical 20 miler on Sunday, I feel pretty good.  I think the PT is helping as well, as I work on my core and my lower back my running is getting stronger.  I ran 20 miles in the heat and humidity at a very modest pace (about 8:15) and although I probably lost 8 pounds, I had plenty of gas left in the tank.  So, endurance seems to be pretty good, but speed is still slow to come back.  Only one track session this week and it was on Friday.  I went to the Minnetonka HS track at 5:30 am and proceeded to do 6x1200m at 5k pace.  My 5k pace is about 5:48 and I knew that wasn't happening.  For one thing, I can't move that fast, at that time of the day.  Secondly, whenever I try to get going fast (anything below 6:10) I feel rather clunky and out of synch.  Anyway, the first 1200 was barely below 6:30 and the rest were around 6:05.  I had a heckuva time getting below a 6:00 minute pace and only managed that tempo for a few of the laps.  I am hoping that the racing coming up in the next few weeks will help me get my rhythm back and backing off some of the mileage will add a little spring in my step.  I'm feeling about 95% their for making my marathon goal time of 2:55:xx.  Now, lets hope the heat wave this week doesn't cause too much trouble.  Heat training is good, right?

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment