Search This Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Big Mileage

This week was a big mileage week, coming in just under 94 miles.  My back and my body are holding up pretty well, but my speed is not coming back as quickly as I would have hoped.  The 15k race on Sunday took a lot out of me, so my Tuesday progression run up and down Exclesior Boulevard was a bit of a disappointment.  I was pushing pretty hard and could barely get below 6:40 pace for the last few miles.  I had a couple of nice runs on Wednesday, recovery on Thursday and tried the same progression run again Friday with better results, logging the last mile at 6:12.  I finished the week of with a 20 miler that went pretty well, but my legs were kinda shot.  I have another couple of weeks of this kind of mileage then the racing fun begins with the Victory 10k, City of Lakes 25k, Old Sod Days 8k and  one more tune up race that is yet to be determined.  Still thinking I can run a 2:55:xx at TCM, and I will have plenty of fitness tests coming up to see if the legs are there.

I joined a racing team last week and I am hoping I can help out in the Grand Master category at City of Lakes for team Northwoods.  Thanks for having me!  I think if I run a 1:41 I can help.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment