Search This Blog

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Taper Time Already?

No, that title is not sarcasm; I really can't believe the taper is here.  Now keep in mind this is a high mileage, Pfitz style taper, but a taper nonetheless.  This was a good week and a nice way to finish up the high mileage portion of the cycle.  I PR'd in a 5K on Monday, ran a nifty interval workout on Friday and did my last 20 mile plus run today and I actually feel ready for more!  Not only was it a big mileage week, but capped off a big mileage month, topping out at 402 miles for May, a new monthly record for me.  

So, what does the first week of the taper look like?  I'll be at about 80 to 85 miles with some track work on Tuesday and. 10k race on Saturday (ALARC Legends)   Ill be dropping some of the doubles and get to rest my legs on Monday and Thursday evenings.  I am really curious to see how I fare at Grandma's.  This will be two back to back very high mileage cycles and I feel healthier than ever and running pretty fast.  Can't wait for this one!

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment