Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

Fine Tuning Time

Only 25 days until Grandma's Marathon and things are still on track.  I have logged the big miles, averaging about 90 miles per week during this cycle.  I've been spent the past week, as I will spend the next couple, maintaining the mileage, but adding some faster, high turnover running.  I'll maybe even visit the Minnetonka High School track a few mornings.  It's a lonely place at 5:00 am!  This week was a little light on miles, coming in at 86, but included a nifty tempo run on Tuesday (ran mile 11 at 6:28), 8 miles at MP on Friday, then a PR at the Brian Kraft 5k of 17:52!  I started out pretty fast, around 5:47, then settled down to a relaxed and easy 5:51 pace for mile 2, then concentrated on the fast turnover for mile 3, bringing it home in 5:38.  Felt pretty good!  A 5K isn't the the best indicator for a marathon, but I am thrilled that I blew away my previous best time by 19 seconds.  A real confidence booster

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment