Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Just Plain Tired

While I am still enjoying the buzz of my new marathon PR, I also realized how old I am and how zapped I feel after such an effort.  My intention was to run recovery runs all week, just to keep my streak alive, but acute soreness on Sumday, along with rainy conditions convinced me to take a day off.  One day turned to two, then three and finally I got back out there on Wednesday night with my run club.  Felt sluggish and a nice pain in my right hip/buttock area.  Didn't go away, even after a few miles of warm up.  Ran again Friday night with the same pain and felt like I was pulling an anchor.  Ran for a third time today and the hip felt better, it also felt like I weighed 250 pounds.  I need another nap and hopefully I will be felling perkier by the end of this week.

In need of motivation and wanting to make my goal of running every race in the MDRA Grand Prix, I signed up for the Twin Cities Marathon on October 6th.  They were down to a few hundred slots, so I thought I had better get signed up. I plan on resting for another week or so, then kick off a Pfitzinger 12 week, 85 mile plus plan.  It's super aggressive with a mileage peak of 104, with tons of interval training and countless two-a-days.  I am shorting for sub 2:55 at Twin Cities Marathon.  That mile 21 hill is not going to get me this time!

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment