Search This Blog

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Recovery Almost Complete

I am still in recovery mode from Grandma's Marathon, but did manage to run everyday and even threw in a Friday night tempo run just for good measure.  The fatigue is gone, the mental fog has lifted and most of the post-race aches and pains have disappeared.  The Friday night tempo run was just a test to see how the hamstring and glutes were feeling and I have to say that all systems are go.  It was a 10-miler with the last 5 at a sub 6:40 pace. (which is top secret, but is my Twin Cities Marathon goal pace)  The 5 miles were pretty effortless and I was happy to report no aches or pains.
 
It certainly is treadmill season again.  I can run early morning in the heat, but if I have any running to do at a specific pace I will most certainly bring it indoors.  Its virtually impossible to hit your goal marathon paces when its 90 plus and jungle humid.  I certainly don't like the treadmill, but don't despise it as some of you do.  Its a great tool and I can get past the boredom by focusing on faster and faster paces in a controlled environment.
 
I got some regular scheduled racing over the next few months leading up to the marathon.  There is the Richard Hoska Mid-summer Mile at the fairground on July 10th (hey wait, that's this week!)  I am certainly not ready for that!  There is the MDRA 15k in July and the Victory 10k and City of Lakes 25K in September.  I will also to the Old SOD Days 8k, but not sure when that is.  All these lead up to the big one, Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon.  Should be fun!

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment