Search This Blog

Sunday, April 7, 2013

And the Mileage Just Keeps Piling Up

Well, this makes 3 straight weeks of mileage over 80 miles, with a yearly high of about 86 miles.  I will make it 100 straight days of running tomorrow with an average of around 9.4 miles per day.  The increase has been very gradual and my body seems to be responding pretty well.  I ran 22 today at a pretty easy pace, but it was very steady and consistent and could have run further if I needed or wanted to.  I have gone to all morning running (except for the 2nd half of my doubles) which has caused my pace to drop off dramatically.  I mentioned last week, but it is really hard to put together anything resembling a tempo run at 5:30 am!  I did read an interesting article that did state how important that early morning long runs are, especially those where you eat nothing before you run and do not fuel during the run.  Turns out this is a good way for your body to learn to burn fat more efficiently; something important for your body to be good at in the later portion of the marathon.  Anyway, that is what I keep telling myself when the alarm goes off at 4:45 am!
 
Boston Marathon is a week from Monday.  Good luck to all running; it sure looks like the weather is going to good.  I hope to run Boston some day, maybe in the next year or two.  Definitely something I need to do before my running days are over.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment